“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”
Letter From Our Executive Director Regarding Coronavirus (COVID-19)
We realize that many people around the world are suffering illness and loss due to the outbreak of coronavirus (COVID-19). Our hearts and prayers continue to go out to them.
At By The Hand Club, we believe it is our role and responsibility during this time to prioritize the health and well-being of our students, staff and friends. Here are some of the steps we are taking to help prevent the spread of the virus and support the health and well-being of those who are part of our ministry family.
By The Hand Club’s Role and Responsibility Navigating COVID-19
- We are closely monitoring and following the guidelines of the Chicago Public Schools (CPS), the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the Illinois Department of Public Health and the Chicago Department of Public Health.
- As you know, CPS schools are closed from Tuesday, March 17 through April 20. By The Hand Club is working closely with parents to determine emergency needs for medical care, child services and food for families who rely on school and By The Hand Club for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We are also making special plans for how we can provide continued support for academic and spiritual nurturing during these uncertain times. Please pray for us and consider volunteering and giving during this great time of need.
- To prevent the spread of the virus, all of our clubs are closed to children and only our Cabrini club is open to staff on a scheduled basis. We are working with staff to adhere to social distancing and other guidelines.
- We are requiring staff to stay home if they are sick.
- We are encouraging good hygiene and healthy habits for handwashing, coughing, sneezing, blowing of noses, etc.
- At our Cabrini club, we are requiring our cleaning service to strictly follow the CDC guidelines for cleaning all surfaces every night and making sure our Cabrini club has cleaning wipes and supplies for use by staff during the day.
- For our staff, in addition to our regular benefits, we are also looking to expand our sick pay for anyone who has been diagnosed with or exposed to COVID-19 or comes in close prolonged contact with someone who has, so staff do not have to choose between their health and their work.
As we navigate this dynamic situation, we will continue to keep you apprised of updates and plans. What a reminder of how we are not in control and depend daily on God’s wisdom, protection and provision.
God bless you and thank you,